...1... simply philosophising... ( 1 out of 18 )...

dear  son  taue...
dear  son  peter...

there  has  been  sometime  already…
that  my  mind  “spaces-out”  through  some  memories…
recalling…  several  moments  that  we’ve  been  together…

now…  I’m  with  my  life  all  settled-down…
here  in  the  farm…  with  maria…
enjoying  a  healthy  life…
a  life  which  I've  always  dreamed  about…

I’m  taking  care  of  myself…
eating  the  good  meals  prepared  by  maria  with  all  her  love…
in  short…
enjoying  a  life  where  there’s  nothing  to  complain  about…

---   ---   ---

but…  the  sentiment  of  missing-you-guys  is  enormous…
but…  that’s  ok…
I  don’t  want  to  interfere  in  your  lives…
I  want  you  guys  to  move-on  with  your  lives…
with  courage…  wisdom…  tenderness…
and  kindness  towards  everyone  surrounding  you…


being  able  to  stand  up  for  your  rights…
calmly…  with  good-manners…  and  without  aggressiveness…

---   ---   ---

since  you  are  in  the  united-states…
and  I’m  in  brasil…
then…  the  best  way  to  diminish  the  distance  between  us…
is  to  write  emails  like  this  one…

emails  where  there’s  no  predetermined  subject…
simply  an  email  where  the  conversation  flows…
motivated  by  the  pure  pleasure  of  the  conversation  itself…

---   ---   ---

I’m  willing  now…  to  talk  a  little-bit  about  myself…
telling  you  a  little-bit  of  the  history-of-my-life…

as  surprising  as  it  can  be…  very  often…
in  spite  of  living  together  for  a  long  time…
very  often…  we  forget  to  stop…  and  talk  about  basic-facts  of  our  lives…

usually…  we  are  so  absorbed…  in  our  daily  worries…
that  we  forget  to  spare  a  little  time...
to  REVEAL  to  the  dear  ones  that  surround  us…
such  important  issues  which  are  the  fundamental  facts  of  our  own  history…


when  I  was  six-month-old…  me…  my  sister  ana emilia…  my  father  and  my  mother…
moved  to  boston…
my  father  got  a  scholarship  from  the  brazilian-navy…
to  study  in  the  master’s  program…
at  MIT…  ( massachusetts  institute  of  technology )…    

we  stayed  there  for  only  three  years…
so  I  can’t  recall  anything  from  this  period…
the  only  thing  I  can  tell…  from  the  stories  my  mother  later  told  me…
was  that…  at  this  time…  when  I  was  a  very  little  baby…
I  didn’t  want  to  eat  at  all..
then…  she  took  me  to  the  doctor…  there…  in  boston…

the  doctor  told  her  to  buy  a  funnel…
and...  to  make  a  soup…
and…  to   pour  the  soup  down  into  my  throat  through  the  funnel…

and…  can  you  imagine  that  she  completely  believed  on  the  doctor’s  advice…
and  she  tried  to  do  exactly  what  he  told  her  to  do…?

---   ---   ---

I’m  stopping  the  story  at  this  point….  today…
because  I  don’t  want  to  take  too  much  time  away  from  you…

later  on…  please…  let  me  know  if  you’re  interested  in  knowing  more…
about  the  continuation  of  these  stories  of  my  life…

if  you  tell  me  that  you’re  interested…
I’ll  be  happy  to  continue…
writing  emails  like  this  one…

otherwise…
I’m  going  to  find  something  else  to  do…

please  feel  free  to  ask  me  any  kind  of  questions…
doubts…  any  kind  of  doubts…
any  subject…
from  the  past…  present  or  future…

all  the  care  that  I’ve  been  giving  during  all  my  life…  to  you…
still  remains  valid…
and  you  know  it...
you  know  that  I’m  always  ready…
to  do...  the  "possible"  and  the  "impossible"…  for  you...

please…   consider  me  always  a  friend…
never   an  enemy…

avoid  listening  to  bad  advices…
from  people  who…  by  some  reason…
want  to  encourage  a  division  between  us

never  let  yourselves  be  deluded…
thinking  that  I  don’t  deserve  the  trust  from  you…
it  would  be  a  waste…
to  think  that  I  don’t  deserve  the  trust  from  you…
and…  as  a  consequence…  to  hide  something  from  me…

I  believe…  that  there  are  some  people  that  keep  trying  to  convince  you…
that  your  grand-mom  is  evil…
that  I  am  evil…

I  respect  these  people’s  opinions…

but…  if  we  allow  ourselves  to  listen  to  this  kind  of  opinion…
we  end  up  all  “sinking”…
because  one  of  the  easiest  way  to  weaken  a  person…
it’s  to  convince  this  person  to  be  against  his  own  father…
…  or  his  own  mother…

in  the  popular  wisdom…  there’s  a  saying  which  illustrates  this  fact  very  well:
“the  union  makes  the  force”…
(  I’m  not  sure  if  your  keyboard  deals  with  the  latin-character  “c-cedilha”…
   for  the  word  "forca"…  "forsa"…  "fortaleza"…  a  strong-person…)

so…  a  divided  family…  is  a  weak  family…
everybody  loses…

---   ---   ---

so…
if  we  start  practicing  the  exercise  of  communicating  more  frequently…
this  would  make  us  stronger…
this  would  bring  benefits  to  all  of  us…

a  family  where  there’s  no  habit  of  talking…
becomes  a  weak  family…
a  fragile  family…
vulnerable  to  the  adversities  of  life…

you  attended  a  good  school…  the  notre  dame…
fortunately  you  have  good  moral  principles…
but  these  good-principles  should  be  constantly  updated…
constantly  improved
constantly  being  aware  of…

the  world  is  always  spinning…
a  person  can  be  very  healthy  one  day…
and…  on  a  wheelchair…  next  day…

complete  attention  sometimes  is  not  enough…

let’s  be  even  more  united  than  we  are  right  now…?
would  you  be  willing  to  trust  on  me…
…  the  way   we’ve  always  used  to  do…?

thankyou  for  reading  this  email…
see  you  soon…
a  super-super-super  hug…
your  father…
                      …luis antonio…