...2... philosophising part two... ( 2 out of 18 )...

greeeaaat…   taue…
greeeaaat…  peter…

all  right  !!!...
assuming  that  the  idea  of  telling  stories  of  my  life…
was  well  accepted  by  you…
I’m  going  to  “jump”  into  the  project…
in  other  words…  “let’s  get  down  to  business”…
( I  mean…   to  the  keyboard…)…
and  see  if  something  fairly  acceptable…
can  come  out  of  these  stories…

in  the  last  email…  I  was  still  in  boston…
my  father  studying  at  MIT…  ( massachusetts  institute  of  technology…)…
my  mother  taking  care  of  both:   me  and  my  sister  ana emilia…
and...  my  mother  was  in  company  of  a  maid…  ( sebastiana )…
who  came  with  us  from  brasil…  to  help  her  with  the  domestic  work…

we  used  to  live  in  one  of  those  calm  residential  neighborhoods…
where  there  was  no  fence  between  the  houses…
on  the  road…  there  was  rarely  any  cars…
and…  my  sister  and  I…  used  to  spend  a  long  time  outside…
playing  with  the  tricycle…
( those  little  bikes  for  children…  with  three  wheels…)…

then…  on  a  nice  bright  day…  my  sister  and  I…
got  lost…  by  chance…    on  those  neighborhood  roads…
my  mother…  went  “crazy”…  she  called  the  police…
and…  the  police  finally  found  us…

(  my  father…  later  told  me…  that  the  police  strategy…  was  to  do  a  search…
    first  “ scanning ”  through  a  sort  of  a  big  circle  along  the  outer  roads…
    and  then…   through  smaller  circles…
    until  they  could  finally  find  us…)

unfortunately  my  father  is  not  here  on  earth  anymore…
so  I  cannot  ask  him  to  develop…
a  little-bit  more  of  this  story…   with  me  …

anyway…  after  this  episode…  my  parents  decided  to  install…
two  little  necklace-dog-tags…  on  both  of  us…
with  our  name…  address…  and…  telephone-number…

---   ---   ---

I  lived  in  boston…
from…   six-months-old…
until…   three-years-old…

I  don’t  remember  anything…
except  these  two  stories  told  by  my  parents…
the  one  of  the  funnel…  and  the  one  of  the  necklace-dog-tag…

from  boston…   we  moved  to  recife…
where  I  lived...  from  three  to  six-years-old…

at  those  times…
I  had  nothing  to  do  at  all…
I  used  to  spend  all  day…
 just  sitting  on  the  front-yard-wall
watching  the  cars  pass  by…
which  were  not  many…  at  those  times…

amazing…
how  a  child…  is  an  innocent  being…
he  is  capable  of  staying  hours  and  hours…
with  no  worries…
just  enjoying  the  view…
without  thinking  on  anything…

with  no  fears…
no  ambitions…
just  enjoying  the  moment…

when  an  ant  passes  by…
the  child…
simply  looks  at  the  ant…
simply  follows  her  movement

it’s  like  a  dog…
innocent…
as  long  as  he  is  well  fed…
without  diseases…
sleeping  well…

his  life…  is…  simply…  his  life…
peaceful…  without  judgments…
without  complexes…
without  obligations…

(  by  the  way…  this  resembles…
   the  yoga  doctrine…
   it  says  that  all  of  us…  even  the  adults…
   can…  ( and…  should…)…  practice  the  exercise…
   of  staying…  everyday  at  least  fifteen-minutes…
   without  doing  anything…  only  breathing…
   without  thinking  on  anything…
   like  that  little  child…  with  age  four…  ( or  five )…
   sitting  on  the  front-yard-wall…
   watching  the  few  cars  pass  by…)

briefly…   living  the  moment…

---   ---   ---

should  we  stop  now…?
we  should  stop  now…

otherwise…  you’re  going  to  be  late  for  your  fifteen-minute-yoga…

stay  healthy…
see  you  soon…
a  tight  hug…
your  father…
                      …luis antonio…